Generation Warfare



#7

Personal experience during the visit to the Navy Open House 2013
It was a great opportunity to be invited for the open house.  Although the queue to board the bus from Singapore Expo to Changi Naval Base was long and there were security checks, I finally got the chance to see our country’s very own Navy ships and vessels! Amalina and I balloted for a chance to ride on board one of those ships displayed and indeed, we were really lucky that day!  We got selected to board the Mine Counter Measure Vessel (MCMV). It was amazing to set sail on my country's very own Navy vessel for the first time and get a taste of life on the high seas. I got to see the seagulls up close too! I also get to experience how it is like to be a naval medical officer. I got the chance to participate in a surgical procedure, with guidance from the surgical team, in a mock up surgical theatre. I learnt the importance of ropes and managed to make one of the complicated knots with the help from the Navy officers. In the experience zone, there was a mock-up of a submarine and I got the opportunity to see how the interior of a submarine looks like. It was not easy to board a submarine as the door was round and small. The weather was scorching hot but still, it was a fantastic moment to visit the open house! Kudos to our Navy officers who have made the open house a success! I'll definitely visit the next Navy Open House.

The long queue

Tight and speedy security checks before I get to board the bus to Changi Naval Base

 
Prepared to start the "surgical procedure"

  
A demonstration from the medical expert before I got the chance to try it out on my own 
  
Medical equipments used
The knot made thanks to the navy officers


Queueing to board the MCMV


Lucky passengers on board the MCMV



Waiting to set sail!

 
Look how far we've set sail!








I love this photo; Different vessels and ships displayed






POSTED BY

LINA
MB 1202

OLD | NEW